James H. & Madalynne Norick Foundation presents
Red Earth Youth Art Show & Competition
Open to the public Sat May 1 & Sun May 2 at the OKC Outlets
Art Check-In Fri April 30 - 12 noon to 6 pm
The 2021 Red Earth Youth Art Competition & Show is sponsored by the James H. & Madalynne Norick Foundation in Oklahoma City. Native youth ages 9-18 from throughout Oklahoma and the region are invited to participate in the event.
Special thanks to the James H. & Madalynne Norick Foundation and Allied Arts for their generous contribution to the Red Earth Youth Art Program.
Youth Art Competition Guidelines
- Competition consists of three (3) age categories with 8 contests in each age group: 9 to 12 years - 13 to 15 years - 16 to 18 years.
- Each Contest will have awards in three places with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons and a cash award.
- One "Best of Show" award will be given.
- Artists may enter only one (1) item in any category. No limit on number of categories.
- Group projects not accepted - individual artist work, created by the artist.
- Entries must be display-ready (ex: wired for hanging, no glass).
- Maximum size hanging art is 24x26 inch.
- Categories Include --
Registration & Artwork Check-In Information
- No Entry Fee.
- Online Registration is available on the Red Earth Website until Wed April 28.
- You may also register in-person at Artwork Check-In.
- Proof of tribal affiliation/membership card is required.
- Artwork Check-In is on Friday April 30 from 12 noon to 6 pm at the OKC Outlets, Suite E 592, 7624 West Reno, OKC 73127
Note: All youth artists are required to show tribal affiliation in accordance with Public law 101-644 (104 Stat. 4662, Act of 11/29/90) with one of the following: Tribal Membership Card; Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood
3 pm Sunday May 2
- OKC Outlets, Suite E 592, 7624 West Reno, Oklahoma City.
- Masks required for all attendees, age 5 and over
- Safe distancing practices
- Art pick up will begin immediately after Awards Ceremony
- Red Earth not responsible for any unclaimed artwork