Open Position: Gallery Manager, Red Earth Art Center
About the Red Earth Art Center
The new Red Earth Art Center will reopen to the public inside the BancFirst Tower lobby on Saturday, October 16, 2021. Along with an Exhibition Gallery and Sales Gallery, Red Earth has office space and storage for its permanent collection of nearly 800 items of fine art including paintings, sculpture, pottery, beadwork, and basketry, on the 27th floor.
Red Earth, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with a mission to promote the rich traditions of American Indian arts and cultures through the Red Earth Art Center, education programming, premier festival, a museum, and fine art markets
The Gallery Manager aids in the day-to-day operation of the Sales and Exhibition Galleries at the new Red Earth Art Center. The position handles all aspects of sales gallery operations and inventory management to including purchasing, art consignment, product development and budgets. The candidate should demonstrate initiative with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work alongside Red Earth staff, docents, and volunteers.
- Maintain knowledge of current exhibitions, consignment artists, sales, and promotions.
- Promote sales by actively educating the public about artwork, cultural traditions, and artists.
- Maintain database of customers. Responsible for establishing a corporate client base.
- Responsible for all merchandising including online shopping, special promotions, window displays.
- Process sales transactions, receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Responsible for opening/closing cash drawer and preparing reconciled daily deposits report.
- Package purchases and wrap gifts. Pack artwork and gifts for shipping as needed.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and theft.
- Work with staff to implement Artist Services Program.
- Assist with installation/removal of Gallery shows, attend meetings, receptions, and special events.
- Answer phone calls and greets guests.
- Answer questions about Red Earth, gallery artists, Red Earth events and general questions about Oklahoma history and attractions.
- Customer service and retail experience. Knowledge of retail accounting practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including QuickBooks, MS Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Ability to work with volunteers within a team framework.
- Knowledge of Native art and history preferred.
Direct Report: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full time, salaried. Exempt, 40 hours per week. Some weekend and evenings required.
Salary Range: $36,000 - $44,000 depending on experience
To Apply submit resume with references to [email protected] Interviews will begin the week of September 6. This position will remain open until filled.