Join us November 2-3
Experience Fall during the Red Earth art tour to Crystal Bridges Museum in Northwest Arkansas
There's a reason Arkansas is called "The Natural State." Join Red Earth on a two-day adventure that takes in the beautiful scenery of Northwest Arkansas. We'll travel in complete comfort on a chartered motorcoach with all the amenities to Bentonville. We'll view beautiful art, breathtaking architecture and a do a little shopping at the original Walton's 5-10.
Lunch at "Eleven"
We'll begin our adventure with lunch on your own at "Eleven," the restaurant at the incredible Crystal Bridges Museum. Eleven specializes in modern American comfort food with an emphasis on traditions that hail from the "High South" region...the Ozarks.
Crystal Bridges Collections Highlight Tour
After lunch we'll enjoy a private, special guided tour of the Crystal Bridges permanent collection. You'll see some of the best-known names in American art. Typical stops will include world class art by renowned artists including Gilbert Stuart's George Washington, Asher B. Durand's Kindred Spirits, Andy Warhol's Dolly Parton and Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter.
Following our grand tour we'll get a first hand view of Art for a New Understanding: Native Voices, 1950s to Now before it travels to major museums in the US and Europe. The exhibition features over 80 Indigenous works from the 1950s to today.
In Conversation:Will Wilson and Edward Curtis perfectly complements Native Voices, 1950s to Now, The exhibition features contemporary photographer Will Wilson (Dine) and his 21st century depiction of Indigenous culture through photography. The exhibition also features photos from Edward Curtis, who traveled through the western US in the early 20th Century.
Frank Lloyd Wright
We will start our second day at the spectacular Bachman-Wilson House. This structure is an exquisite example of Frank Lloyd Wright's classic Usonian architecture. Wright created this distinctly American style of residential architecture during the Great Depression to be within the reach of the average middle-class American family.
We'll round out our trip with a leisurely visit to Downtown Bentonville City Square, the home of Walton's 5-10 - the original Walmart! Take in the Walmart Museum, peruse the many local shops and boutiques and have lunch at one of the many restaurants located on the Square.
Our Trip Itinerary Friday, November 2
- Depart Red Earth Art Center Downtown OKC
- Complimentary Covered Parking in Santa Fe Parking Garage
- Continental Breakfast provided on the bus
- Arrive Crystal Bridges Museum for lunch at "Eleven"
- Crystal Bridges Collections Highlight Tour
- Art for a New Understanding: Native Voices, 1950s to Now
- In Conversation: Will Wilson and Edward Curtis
- Check in Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Enjoy Cookie & Punch Reception
Dinner on your own at the Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grill & Bar Click here for Menu
Or numerous alternatives including:
- Village Inn
- Whole Hog BBQ
- Panera Bread
Saturday, November 3
- Complimentary Full Breakfast at the Hilton Garden Inn Garden Grill
- Luggage ready for departure
- Depart Hotel
- Tour Frank Lloyd Wright Home
- Crystal Bridges Gift Shop
- Stroll the Crystal Bridges Garden
Downtown Bentonville Square
- Tour Walton's 5 - 10 Museum, Store, Gift Shop
- Lunch/Shopping on your own
- Depart Bentonville
- Arrive OKC